*FREE WORKSHOP FOR THERAPISTS*
Integrating Your Social Justice Values Into Your Private Practice Copy
With Dena Omar, LCSW + Anti-Oppression Consultant and Arianna Smith, LPC + Copywriter
Friday, December 2nd, 2022
9-10:30am PST/10-11:30am MST/12-1:30pm EST
Replay Available for 14 Days
Is your private practice copy truly inclusive?
Social justice values are foundational to your identity as a therapist. However, graduate school didn’t fully prepare you to write copy that is truly inclusive to BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color) clients, LGBTQ+ clients, and those with marginalized identities.
In this free 90-min workshop, you’ll learn how to:
- Recognize ways you might be unknowingly alienating BIPOC/LGBTQ+ prospective clients on your current website.
- Self-disclose your identities on your website to connect more authentically with prospective clients.
- Eliminate common phrases historically rooted in racist, ableist, or sexist language.
- Think critically about your copy through an anti-oppressive framework so that you can apply these principles to all future copy you write.
- Take small, actionable steps to blend the principles of compelling copy with a liberatory approach to counseling.
- Celebrate your courage and normalize the challenges you might face as you do this deeper work. (We know it’s not easy!)
What you write on your website can help or harm prospective clients. We will show you examples of both.
In addition to the examples we’ve gathered, we provide the opportunity for a few brave therapists to volunteer for a website review by Dena Omar, presenter and anti-oppressive consultant.
As a volunteer, you’ll receive live feedback so you can have actionable steps to make your copy immediately more inclusive. As a participant, you’ll get to see these principles in action and how you might apply them to your copy.
About the Presenters:
Hi! I’m Dena Omar (they/them), an LCSW, clinical supervisor, Anti-Oppressive Consultant, and a PhD student in Depth Psychology with an emphasis on Community, Liberation, Indigenous, and Eco-Psychologies.
I’m a queer, Muslim, non-binary, Arab American, over-thinker who lives on the stolen, unceded lands of the Tohono O’odham (Tucson, AZ).
Hey! I’m Arianna Smith (she/her), an LPC in private practice and a copywriter/copy coach for therapists and healers.
I’m a white, queer, fat, neurodivergent woman living on the unceded, ancestral lands of the Tséstho’e (Cheyenne), Núu-agha-tʉvʉ-pʉ̱ (Ute), and Očhéthi Šakówiŋ (Sioux) peoples (Denver, CO).